Brett J. Waverly, DPM, AACFAS
Podiatrist Specializing in Foot and Ankle Surgery
Dr. Brett Waverly is a Reconstructive Foot & Ankle Surgeon who joined Orthopedic Specialty Clinic in August 2017. He is a native of Portland, Oregon.
He earned his Bachelor’s of Science from California Lutheran University in Thousand Oaks, CA and carried out his medical education at Western University of Health Sciences in Pomona, CA.
He completed his residency training at Regions Hospital in St. Paul, MN, a level I Trauma Center and a teaching affiliate of the University of Minnesota, where he focused on lower extremity trauma, foot and ankle reconstruction, and various elective procedures, as well as diabetic limb salvage.
Dr. Waverly completed a fellowship in advanced foot and ankle reconstruction and research at the prestigious Weil Foot and Ankle Institute in Illinois.
My job is to really help you reach your goals and maximize the amount of function that you can do to truly enjoy everyday life.
-Brett J. Waverly, DPM, AACFAS
- Foot and Ankle Arthritis
- Foot and Ankle Fractures and Trauma
- Achilles Tendonitis and Ruptures
- Flatfoot and High Arches
- Foot and Ankle Ligament and Tendon Injuries
- Ingrown Nails
- Ligament Injuries and Sprains
- Orthotics/Foot and Ankle Bracing
- Plantar Fasciitis/Bone Spurs/Heel Pain
- Sports Medicine of the Foot and Ankle
- Stress Fractures
Learn more about Dr. Waverly. Click to view his publications.
- Fleischer AE, Hshieh S, Crews RT, Waverly BJ, Jones JM, Klein EK, Weil Jr L, Weil LS. Does Second Metatarsal Length Correlate with Plantar Pressure Measurements Beneath the Second Metatarsophalangeal Joint During Walking. Foot and Ankle International. 39(5), 560-567. 2018.
- Abben KW, Sorensen MD, Waverly BJ. Immediate Weightbearing after First Metatarsophalangeal Joint Arthrodesis with Screw and Locking Plate Fixation: A Retrospective Review. J Foot Ankle Surg. 57(4), 771-775. 2018.
- Waverly BJ, Sorensen MD, Sorensen TK. Early Weight Bearing Protocol in Operative Fixation of Acute Jones Fractures. J Foot Ankle Surg. 57(3), 489-493. 2018.
- Albright RH, Waverly BJ, Fleischer AE, Klein EE, Weil, Jr L, Weil LS. Percutaneous Kirschner Wire versus Commercial Implant for Hammertoe Repair: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. J Foot Ankle Surg. 57(2), 332-338. 2018.
- Boffeli TJ, Waverly BJ. The Utility of the Long Leg Axial View in Varus and Valgus Deformity: Case Series. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(5), 1043-1051. 2016.
- Boffeli TJ, Thompson JC, Waverly BJ, Pfannenstein RR, and Mahoney KJ. Incidence and Clinical Significance of Heterotopic Ossification After Partial Ray Resection. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(4), 714-719. 2016.
- Boffeli, TJ, Waverly, BJ. Medial and Lateral Plantar Artery Angiosome Rotational Flaps for Transmetatarsal and Lisfranc Amputation in Patients with Compromised Plantar Tissue. J Foot Ankle Surg. 55(2), 351-361. 2016.
- Baca JM, Sorensen MD, Waverly BJ. Outcomes of Early Weight Bearing in Isolated Fibula Fractures. Submitted for publication to Journal of Foot & Ankle Surgery.
Chapters in Textbook
- Haller, SE, Waverly, BJ, Weil Jr, L: The Scarf Procedure and The Rotational Scarf Procedure. In Dayton, P. (ed): Hallux Valgus Deformity. New York, Springer, 2017.
- Boffeli, TJ, Waverly, BJ: Transmetatarsal and Lisfranc Amputation. In Boffeli, T. (ed): Osteomyelitis of the Foot and Ankle: Medical and Surgical Management. New York, Springer, 2015.
- Waverly BJ, Haller SE, and Weil Jr. L. Point-Counterpoint: Is First Ray Hypermobility A Myth Or Reality With Hallux Valgus? Podiatry Today. 2017; 30(9): 50-53.
- Waverly BJ. “Subtalar Joint Arthroscopy for Sinus Tarsi Syndrome and Impingement Lesions.” Minnesota Podiatric Physician. Fall 2015/Winter 2016.
- Waverly BJ. “Decision Making for Syndesmotic Fixation: Screw versus Endobutton Fixation.” Minnesota Podiatric Physician. Spring 2015.